Friday, April 18, 2014

Christian plug

I'm not offended if people do not believe in Christ.  Everyone has a right to their belief.  That being said, I am a Christian.  This day and weekend symbolize what Jesus went through so that our lives could be better.  This is my favorite holiday personally.  I realize the significance of Jesus' birth, don't get me wrong, but when I had children of my own, I felt a deeper connection to what God did and what Mary and Jesus endured.  I cannot imagine the pain of watching your child be spit on and beaten, hung and stabbed.  All for the people that cheered it on.  Can you imagine how that felt?  I cannot.  I woke up this morning with a little soreness and for a split second was going to complain and then remembered Jesus.  I found a crown of thorns years ago after searching for a while and it is propped in the living room as a daily reminder.  I've had children to our house visiting with my kids that wanted to touch it and to put it on.  No one has succeeded more that a nano second.  When they put that crown on Jesus' head, they pushed it down into his scalp!  The pain!!  I could go on forever about all that He went through that day, but if you are a Christian, then you know.  One of my favorite depictions of His crucifixion was the Mel Gibson movie.  I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend reflecting on the Gift that God gave us.  Spending the day with family and friends.  I hope you share the story with your children.  More than anything, I hope one more person connects with Him and truly understands the meaning of this day!  God Bless!

Author: Heather Riggins

No comments:

Post a Comment